Oxytocin Injection is licensed in the mare for obstetric use.
- To precipitate labor
- To accelerate normal birth
- Postpartum evacuation of uterine debris
- Postoperative contraction of uterus following a cesarean section and control of uterine hemorrhage
Do not use in dystocia due to abnormal presentation of the fetus until correction is accomplished.
- Oxytocin is a potent preparation
- Administer with due caution
- For prepartum usage, full dilation of the cervix should be accomplished either naturally or through the administration of estrogen prior to oxytocin therapy
- As an aid to parturition, stimulating uterine contraction to facilitate parturition in the presence of a fully dilated cervix
- Promoting involution of the post-partum uterus, aid in the control of post-partum hemorrhage
Oxytocin Injection is also indicated in the mare for:
- the promotion of milk let-down in cases of agalactia
- Multi-species use
- Licensed for IV, IM and SC use
- Suitable for promotion of milk let down
- Stimulates uterine contraction
- Promotes uterine involution
Fair balance statement for Oxytocin Injection:
CAUTION: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
HAZARDOUS. NOT FOR USE IN HUMANS. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Oxytocin is a potent preparation, accordingly, it should be administered with due caution. For prepartum usage full dilation of the cervix should be accomplished either naturally or through the administration of estrogen prior to oxytocin therapy.